What is Pregarica?
Pregarica is a recognized medication available as capsules. It relieves the patient from neuropathic pain, shingles, and ache after spinal cord injury. Additionally, Pregarica is also prescribed to the patients suffering from muscular pain or stiffness due to fibromyalgia.
This medicine belongs to the anti-epileptic class of drugs. Most doctors prescribe Pregarica as a low dosage & then might go for a higher one depending on the patient’s conditions. Sometimes, it may take a few weeks for the body to show the effectiveness of Pregarica.
However, some patients with severe health issues might not be prescribed with Pregarica. Effective alternatives might be prescribed instead.
Manufacturer: Healing Pharma India Pvt Ltd
Active Ingredient: Pregabalin (150 mg)
Prescription required: Yes
What is Pregarica used for?
Pregarica works as a pain-reliever for nerve damage due to diabetes. It is also effective to soothe pain due to herpes zoster infection, or similar conditions. Sometimes, Pregarica is prescribed solely while it is combined with other medicines too for the treatment of certain types of seizures.
In case, if no other medicines work as expected, Pregarica can also be prescribed for the symptoms of anxiety disorder.
Available Dosages of Pregarica
- Pregarica 75mg
- Pregarica 150mg
- Pregarica 300mg
Which drugs conflict with Pregarica?
The following medicines show moderate interactions with Pregarica:
How does Pregarica work?
Pregarica reverses the effects of epilepsy. It works by decreasing the unusual electrical activity in the brain & prevents seizures. Pregarica interferes with the pain signals traveling through the damaged nerves and the brain to soothe nerve pain.
Pregarica works as an anti-anxiety medication by blocking the release of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers of the brain) that trigger anxiety disorders.
How to use Pregarica Capsules?
- Pregarica should only be used as & when prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the prescribed dosage of the capsule on time. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water
- Avoid crushing, breaking, or chewing the capsule.
- Pregarica can be used with or without food; its effectiveness will be equal in both the conditions.
- For better results, do not miss or skip the dosage. Take Pregarica the same time regularly for expected results.
What are the side effects of Pregarica?
The potential side effects of Pregarica do not appear always. If they do, they appear in mild to the severe form. If the side effects do not disappear with the effectiveness of the medicine, consult the doctor & seek help.
Here are Pregarica Side Effects to know:
- Blurry vision
- Lack of attentiveness
- Dry Mouth
- Swelling of limbs
- Weight gain
- Uncoordinated Body Movement
- Mood Swings
Mild side-effects flee away themselves.
- Dizziness and Drowsiness are the most commonly reported symptoms after using Pregarica. So, you should avoid any activities that demand attention. For instance, operating machinery, driving, etc should not be attempted after using Pregarica
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided while using Pregarica else they may show negative impact together
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeed a child
- Never overdose Pregarica in any condition.
- Do not increase or stop taking Pregarica based on self-assessment. Consult the doctor if low-dose is not working for you. Your medical practitioner may prescribe a higher dosage if felt necessary.
- Discuss your ongoing medicines (if any) with the doctor so they know if the active ingredients are well-to-do with each other or not
- If the patient has kidney problems, they should disclose it to the doctor before starting to use Pregarica. Certain precautions are to be taken among patients having Kidney, Liver, or Heart issues.
- If you are allergic to Pregabalin or have hypersensitivity then you should not use Pregarica
- Patients suffering from Peripheral Edema should avoid using this medicine
Pregarica should be stored at room temperature (10° to 30°C)
1) Can I buy Pregarica online without a prescription?
No. You should not buy Pregarica without having it prescribed by the doctor. Pregarica is a highly effective medicine & even its starting dosage is heavy. Only a doctor can prescribe the right dosage depending on your physical & psychological health.
2) Is Pregarica habit-forming?
No. Pregarica is not habit-forming. You may continue taking Pregarica for the period prescribed by the doctor.
3) Is Pregarica effective?
Yes. Pregarica is a very effective medication & soothes the patient under the conditions of Neuropathic pain, Epilepsy/Seizures, and fibromyalgia.
4) Can I use Pregarica during pregnancy?
The effects of Pregarica under the conditions of pregnancy or breastfeeding are unknown. It is advisable to discuss with the doctor if you are planning to conceive, are pregnant, or currently breastfeed your child.
5) What to do if I forget to take Pregarica?
Do not panic if you forget to take a Pregarica dosage. In case if you miss or skip the dose, and the next scheduled dosage timing is near, you may take the medicine. In a nutshell, you may continue with the next scheduled dosage if you have forgotten to take Pregarica.
6) What should I do if I see side effects continuously appearing?
If the side-effects of Pregarica appear more frequently, you may consult your doctor immediately. Some negative impacts can be very mild while some are risky. So, you should not delay in reaching out to the doctor.
There are no reviews yet.